Internet Usage Terms and Conditions
Internet Usage Terms & Conditions
Important: Free WiFi/Internet is provided at all of our accommodation from various providers such as Sky, TalkTalk, BT, Plusnet, Virgin Media etc. Please read all the terms below, if you do not agree to any of the terms on this page, please do not use the WiFi service whilst staying in our accommodation.
- By using and/or activating service with us you agree to be bound by this agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of the agreement, do not use the service.
2. Extent of the Service
- 2.1. All services are provided on an “as is” basis. We do not warrant that the service is fault free or fit for any particular purpose, or that our system is secure. You assume all responsibility and risk for use of the service.
- 2.2 Save for the purposes of network diagnostics we do not examine the use to which you put the Service or the nature of the information you send or receive.
- 2.3 We will always try to make the service available, but it may be interrupted, limited or curtailed due to maintenance and repair work, transmission or equipment limitations/failures.
- 2.4 We reserve the right at all times to withdraw the Service, change the specifications or manner of use of the Service, to change access codes, usernames, passwords or other security information necessary to access the service.
3 Your Use of the Service.
- 3.1 You must not use the Service to access Internet Services, or send or receive e-mails, which:
- 3.1.1 are defamatory, threatening, intimidatory or which could be classed as harassment;
- 3.1.2 contain obscene, profane or abusive language or material;
- 3.1.3 contain pornographic material (that is text, pictures, films, video clips of a sexually explicit or arousing nature);
- 3.1.4 contain offensive or derogatory images regarding sex, race, religion, colour, origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition or sexual orientation;
- 3.1.5 contain material which infringe third party’s rights (including intellectual property rights);
- 3.1.6 in our reasonable opinion may adversely affect the manner in which we carry out our business or are otherwise unlawful or inappropriate;
- 3.2 Music, video, pictures, text and other content on the Internet are copyright works and you should not download, alter, e-mail or otherwise use such content unless certain that the Owner/Manager of such works has authorised its use by you.
- 3.3 We may terminate or temporarily suspend the Service if we reasonably believe that you are in breach of any provisions of this agreement including but not limited to clauses 2.1 to 2.3 above.
- 3.4 We recommend that you do not use the service to transmit or receive any confidential information or data and should you choose to do so you do so at your own risk.
- 3.5 The Service is intended for consumer use only. In the event that you use the Service for commercial purposes we would specifically refer you to clause 5.2 below.
4 Child Supervision
- 4.1 We are concerned about the safety and privacy of our users, particularly children. Parents who wish to allow their children access to and use of the Website/Services should supervise such access and use. By allowing your child access to the Services you are allowing your child access to all of the Services, including email, bulletin boards, chat areas, news groups, forums and/or other message or communication facilities. It is therefore your responsibility to determine which Services are appropriate for your child. Always use caution when revealing personally identifiable information about yourself or your children via any of the Services.
5. Criminal Activity
- 5.1 You must not use the Service to engage in any activity which constitutes or is capable of constituting a criminal offence, either in the United Kingdom or in any state throughout the world.
- 5.2 You agree and acknowledge that we may be required to provide assistance and information to law enforcement, governmental agencies and other authorities.
- 5.3 You agree and acknowledge that we may keep a log of the Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses of any devices which access the Service, the times when they have accessed the Service and the activity associated with that IP address
- 5.4 You further agree we are entitled to co-operate with law enforcement authorities and rights-holders in the investigation of any suspected or alleged illegal activity by you which may include, but is not limited to, disclosure of such information as we have (whether pursuant to clause 3.3 or otherwise), and are entitled to provide by law, to law enforcement authorities or rights-holders.
6. Our Use of your Information
- 6.1 Subject to clauses 5.3 and 5.4 above we confirm that we shall use the contact details you provide to us solely for the purposes of contacting you with marketing information, updates, promotions and special offers relating to our business.
- 6.2 It is important to ensure that this clause is complied with (or amended depending on how the data is used) and Data you collect is processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act and any mailings comply with the the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003
7. Other Terms
- 7.1 You agree to compensate us fully for any claims or legal action made or threatened against us by someone else because you have used the service in breach of these terms and conditions, and in particular clause 3.1 to 3.3 and 5.1 above.
- 7.2 Whilst we do not seek to limit our responsibility for fraudulent misrepresentation or if you are injured or die as a result of our negligence we have no responsibility (to the extent permitted by law) to compensate you (whether or not we are negligent) for any direct financial loss, loss of profit, revenue, time, anticipated savings or profit or revenue, opportunity, data, use, business, wasted expenditure, business interruption, loss arising from disclosure of confidential information, loss arising from or in connection with use of the service or inability to use or access the service or a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the service at any time or damage to physical property or for any other similar direct loss that may arise in relation to this agreement whether or not we were advised in advance of the possibility of such loss or damage.
- 7.3 This agreement is governed by the law of England
Privacy and Data Protection
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. Our business conforms to all current legislative changes that took effect from May 2018